Tuesday 26 March 2013

It's sacrilege, sacrilege, sacrilege you say.

Well it's all really building up into madness now. I feel like we're on the last corner before the home stretch to Dissertation Deadline. However, this is really just the beginning. Deadlines in abundance from the beginning of May stretching on a month beyond, and then moving house and transferring my job; the real world is steadily approaching and it's taking no prisoners.

I'm keeping reasonably afloat at the moment. I keep reminding myself that things could be a lot worse, and I could have nothing to show for my two and half years at University, but as that's really not the case I am instead incredibly thankful and excited as to what the future is bringing.

I have fallen entirely in love with NFTS. It's a perfect place and exactly where I need to be, and so continues the heavy slog to fight my way into it's lovely walls filled with layer upon layer of talent, knowledge, experience and opportunity. I just need to find the right bloody story.

My current living arrangements are hovering in comparison to perhaps the third circle of Dante's Inferno at the moment. Alright, perhaps that's a bit extreme, but it's really bloody awful right now. Most of my kitchen items that I moved in with have been stolen, along with countless items of food. Some nights this is particularly depressing when looking at half a cupboard of food knowing that someone in the house is going to bed particularly well fed that night. And it's a Brucey Bonus when you're then woken up repeatedly at 4.00am by various tenants who cannot possibly inhabit any other rooms within the property besides the ones precisely adjacent to your own. This is very wearing. My letting agency's suggestion to all of this? I'll paraphrase: "We aren't willing to do anything, so you might as well go to police about your missing cutlery." Excellent. I'll just use my extensive funds to replace everything that's been taken since September and put locks on the cupboards that you own. Oh, and I'll soundproof my room while I'm at it, shall I?

Other than this, things seem to be continuing at a steady pace. Some days it's a struggle to remember that there really is a good reason for getting out the other side of my degree. And others... Well, those are the days to be treasured.

There is apparent scientific evidence that creative types are most productive at the early hours of the morning. I'm not sure whether this is true for myself or if this is just self imposed insomnia to try and catch sleep during the day around intensely noisy housemates but I have a sudden urge to tidy my room, although this is most likely another route of procrastination from the more pressing tasks. There are frequent occasions when I wonder how Boyfriend qualifies being with me against a normal life. But normal gets boring.

He's going away for two weeks soon, and I have a strong feeling this is going to be mightily more tricky than the last time he went away. But seven months down the line this can hardly be surprising. And in all honesty it couldn't come at a more appropriate time, with deadlines looming on the horizon. So, he will either return to a gloopy mess living in squalor and crying over a laptop that doesn't work, or to someone else.

Well, I shall continue to slog away through this creative process of all fragmented elements. I have no doubts that blog posts will become more frequent and melancholic as I shuffle towards the end of this chapter.

No comments: