Tuesday 15 November 2011

I got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Two songs in a row came on the radio today, reminding me of Glastonbury Festival 2007.
Amazing experience, I would definitely encourage anyone and everyone to go at some point in their lives.
It was by far one of the muddiest years that we were there - I lost my wellies in the mud at one point, and danced barefoot to Shirley Bassey in the middle of a muddy field. But that's besides the point! Some people get a bit freaked out about festivals, especially about the general hygiene of the situation, but you know what? Everyone there is in the same boat. No one brings a portable shower with them. Everyone is wet-wipe bathing, no one has particularly clean hair, make up is put on top of the old make up of the day before, the only clean clothes put on are underwear, and yet it is one of the best weeks/weekends you can experience in a summer.

Hoping to go to Latitude with some friends this year, provided we save up enough for tickets! But in any case it'll be so much fun. True, you do end up buying tickets before knowing who'll be playing, but with Latitude, and in fact any festival, it doesn't really matter. You're going for the whole experience, and in my opinion, good bands and artists that you love are just a bonus. Part of the fun is discovering things you'd never know about. At Glastonbury, I fell in love with The Rumble Strips and saw some hilarious acts in the Circus tent, made tiny clay festival goers and met my favourite band at the time, The Horrors. At Latitude I saw some fantastic poets and theatre, discovered Kirsten O'Brien off SMart is a hilariously filthy cabaret host, was amazed by Grace Jones and finally got to see Regina Spektor perform.
Festival Discovery - its a beautiful thing.

I'm working on a couple of film projects as well.
FINALLY.
So we'll see where that takes us.



Sometimes I worry I enjoy the pre-production more than the production.

No comments: