Tuesday 1 November 2011

And it's contagious.

Every time I remember my blog, I delete every single thing on it and start again. And considering I forget my blog pretty much every month, there's never too much to be seen here. BUT NO MORE. I'm going to make a concerted effort to actually TRY this time. Haha.


So I'm still planning on becoming a professional filmmaker some time soon. And plans for going to NYFA are coming together. The only problem is I have no money as of yet, and no time to find money or expand my showreel. Which I need to get on to. I definitely need to get ORGANISED. Which would also be useful.


It's times like this when I get stressed about things without realising, that I really start to doubt my own abilities. I want to make films because I love it, I'm passionate, and I'm proud of the work I put together. It's a real struggle to rise above criticism of wanting to work in the film industry and study a creative degree, and still maintain a confidence and positivity about my ambitions. Having said this, there's very little that will stop me from having this career. I'll always have this drive and passion, no matter what.


So I need to buy more memory cards, write more, edit more, and make some actual time. I won't get anywhere through slacking!


Halloween was very exciting, especially in new house! We decorated, we dressed up, we drank more than practical, we created an almighty mess, and we suffered a little today! Beautiful. For all of our faults and flaws, the house itself included, this is a brilliant place to be living. I am genuinely very happy here. I just need to get back into a proper work routine!


I have recently reminded myself of my intense love for the wonderful Regina Spektor. She's marvellous.


And I recently had the opportunity to see Laura Mulvey speak in Cambridge. A complete honour, and very exciting to hear such a great theorist speak in Cambridge. 


so I'm going to get back to career-obsessing... 
And definitely having some fun in the mean time.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I think all the best film makers are those who live lives of their own.